Cycle safer back street short cuts, and dodge the 99% cars dangerously following other cars too closely
Pushbikes are awesome transport! If you disagree then you are doing it wrong and/or you haven’t busted the myths yet.
Learn solutions and info that is difficult to find (or google) that almost all people (99%) in Newcastle do not know yet!
All excuses for not cycling are solvable. (fully covered cargo electric assist tricycles, etc)
More details on our website pages. Bust the transport myths that 99% of people are confused about: cyclingfallacies.com/en/
1. Try to avoid main roads (Google maps sends you the wrong way) Discover safe backstreet shortcuts
2. Never ride on the road where an opening car door may hit you (bike pictures on roads dangerously confuse us to ride too close to parked cars). Learn better lane position, riding skills and road rules.
4. Secure your bike from left! Lock bikes up inside with D-Locks.
5. All cars tailgate dangerously (should leave a 3 second safety gap to car in front, but most leave a terrifying 1 second gap). All cars above 30km/hr in residential streets are a danger to pedestrians.
6. Put your seat higher for easier, faster cycling, and your knees will hurt less.
7. Pushbiking for transport a realistic choice for all. Ride slowly on footpaths if you have to: Pass pedestrians slowly and with 1 metre or more clearance.
8. Less traffic congestion and better transport is: faster main roads for cars, more public transport and a Pushbike Cycle Safe Network. Win, win, win for everyone!
9. Newy council’s 2030 vision and top results from it’s surveys specify wanting walking and biking for most short trips to be a viable option. Newy common moral values!
10. Medium density cities are cheaper. More public money for hospitals, schools, and jobs. Spread out cities (more car use) make internet, homes, etc too costly.