Bike rides, bike library, fixing, skills learning. Pushbikes are awesome transport! If you disagree then you do not know the secrets yet. https://secretstohappypushbiking.wordpress.com/ . Lobby for More secure bike parking and CycleSafeNetwork.
Get empowered with knowledge that 99% of people do not know (it is difficult to google it)
Newy Council’s 2030 Vision :”Walking, cycling and public transport will be viable options for the majority of our trips.” So most less than 5km trips. Covered cargo electric assist bikes are useful and all other excuses of not cycling are solvable. Higher main road speeds, more public transport and building a CycleSafe Network will reduce congestion Win Win Win. Pushbikes help solve most of our community problems: Discover the bigger picture, life transforming journey, including more reasons this is related at https://nubug.wordpress.com/take-action/
We help make pushbiking for transport a realistic choice for all now (ask us anything!); solutions for happier ethical lifestyles (faster travel times, less stress etc.)
Facebook Group page: NUBUG- Newcastle University Bike Users Group
Newcastle University Bicycle Users’ Group (nubug.orgATgmail.com $1 membership per year) is a cycling advocacy group, which seeks to promote cycling for fun, sport and transport. It’s complete constitution is on its facebook page. We are a BUG: bicyclensw.org.au/content/bugs . We have hundreds of events every year (check out the events page). Anyone in the club can help with events (even if you have an idea for a new event!)
We aim to encourage the University of Newcastle, and all authorities in charge of transport to provide more infrastructure to support cycling, and make it safer and more convenient to commute and stay healthy. Also See The Uni active travel pages: newcastle.edu.au/activetravel
Newcastlepushbikelibrary : Newcastlepushbikelibrary.wordpress.com
Proposal for ethical transport network: CycleSafeNetwork.org.au
Comprehensive Uni cycling pages including maps: newcastle.edu.au/activetravel
Local Peak cycling advocacy group: NewcastleCycleways.org.au
Facebook pages : The Bike Library at UoN Newcastle Bicycle Community and Workshop
Critical Mass (bike ride to celebrate cycling), BicycleNSW.org.au, Newcastle Bike Ecology Centre (radical advocacy group), World Naykd Bike Ride (Misunderstood World Protest Bike Ride)
Safe spaces agreement at our bike hub:
We want to actively create this space as one that is inviting, engaging and supportive, where all people feel comfortable behaving genuinely. So abide by UN Human rights, no discrimination, no means no, no physical contact .
Section 9 of NUBUG Constitution 2018:
- Club Code of Conduct
- All members must act to be inclusive and treat everyone equitably, consistently and appropriately.
- All members must behave and communicate in a manner that does not offend, degrade or humiliate.
- All members must show consideration for the property of NUSA and the property of others.
- The Club will not encourage or tolerate bigoted or otherwise hateful behaviour. Sexism, racism, prejudice relating to sexual orientation and gender, religious intolerance, and all other forms of bigotry will not be tolerated.
- The Club will not tolerate drunk and disorderly behaviour that interrupts its events or otherwise adversely affects Club members or other people. Any member found to be contravening this clause will be asked to leave the event, and the Club Executive may resolve to suspend or expel a member from the Club in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution.
Happy Travellers campaign For a more Awesome Newcastle (World’s best practice solutions )
A highly visible campaign, to engage everyone is needed to grow support.
2018 Elected Executive:
President: Jarrett Wood
Vice President: Andre Cook
Secretary: Li Kheng Chai
Treasurer : Vee Ki
Bike Love Corral Co-ordinator: Daniel Endicott